the movie was unable to create any hype among people be it the late release or the reason why these 10 stories are together I believe they would have got an good response on selling it one by on tv The stories in short some are new some are old and .. that’s it Lets talk in the order they come in movie
1.Matrimony (Mandira Bedi, Arbaaz Khan and Sudhanshu Pandey):- mandira bedi acted in the same story on Zee Rishte long back so why again. A perfect wrong choice for the start of the movie. Though the famous but still well known story
2. High on the Highway (Jimmy Shergill, Masumeh):- a confusing story what is the exact message at least I was not able to grasp acting alone cant take the story move.
3. Pooranmashi (Amrita Singh, Minissha Lamba):-again a old story seems famous too. Ok but not the right choice to be the starting few Poornamashi is a story of a mother’s unconditional love for her daughter, who is engaged to get married soon. But the mother ends up being responsible for her daughter’s death. Again pretty boring, but does tend to get a bit emotional in the end. Amrita Singh is superb, Minissha Lamba is good.
4. Strangers in the night (Neha Dhupia, Mahesh Manjrekar):-yep this one tries to create the suspense, a last twist by neha dhupia is good.
5. Zahir (Manoj Bajpai, Dia Mirza):-Manoj bajpai ji got trapped because of not listening and showing his male ego a good one Directed brilliantly by Sanjay Gupta. Dia Mirza looks extremely sweet, perfect for her role and acts well. Manoj Bajpai is splendid. I liked the story and direction both [:)]
6. Love Dale (Anupam Kher, Aftab, Neha Oberoi):-Ghost story of Aftab.. the lovable ghost was ok ,I would have liked it more had it been a simple play of destiny not the Ghost planned story. The writing could have been much better for this story, it tries hard to convince the audience but doesn’t. .
7. Sex on the Beach (Dino Morea, Tareena Patel):-.. hmm seems they could have made it a good horror one [:P]
8. Rice Plate (Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah):- superb acting by Shabana,Naseer and wonderful Indianization of the story. But again the story is heard many times in form of Cookie story. Without doubt this is one of best part of the movie. The story has moral and is sensitive, emotional, gripping.
9. Gubbare (Anita, Nana Patekar, Rohit Roy):-Another cute, emotional and touching tale. Why they didn’t kept it in starting. This one too is on sensitive issue, value the things and people when they are with you. Later nothing lefts.. Gubbare . The story behind the balloons carries a very important lesson in ones life. written by Gulzar. The execution is perfect and the story leaves an impact. A brilliant Nana Patekar is in form. Anita and Rohit are good.
10. Rise and Fall (Sanjay Dutt, Suniel Shetty):-Sanjay dutt and Sunil shetty a story reflects good parallelism of two tenses a good direction but yes there is confusion abt this story among many.’bhai story samagh ayegi to to koi reaction dega na’ ..
I guess it requires brains.
let me simplify Rise and Fall is a story of two gangsters, their childhood friendship that finally leads to betrayal. There are 2 stories running simultaneously both on the same two gangsters
I think the weakness is some where as the stories are not connected to each other though the every one has a special twist in it. some are happy with that some are not I think If next time few detractors and writers want to join their hands together they should have a theme of Nav Ras [roudra ras(tragedy).. hasya ras(comedy) etc ..] so the audiences will have a mix of all emotions and a good collection of stories too .