Star with Rupert Murdoch’s entertainment company is launching Life OK, a brand new channel aimed at the 150 million television viewers in the Hindi-speaking market. “people are just too free to watch TV and sit on Internet “
Well I think colors and ndtv india is giving star group a tough competition 😉 as they are already drawing youth to watch their shows so very few left to watch whats on the channel. So they have to accept the failure of star one and come up with an idea that now they will not cater some selected age group but some selected mind sets which is in major .( What difference it is going to make let the time tell)
As the trailer shows man is not happy in life by what and when he is getting things he always feels he deserved better or someone else is having better so the channel wants to say that appreciate what you have . The name Life OK reflects the philosophy of the new brand. “Through our stories we wish to tell people that you are free to seek what you want but in your search for more you must not forget what you already have,” Sounds like kahan ghar ghar ki 😉
“Teri to hai aish , apni to dhat tariki , uska dekho style, apni to dhat tariki…..”.
But I don’t see any special fresh breeze in serials it just like colors ,sony,zee etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_OK 😦 except the following
- for the fact that the telesoaps on the channel will be for 7 days of the week . Which means that you will feel same on every day in this channel no Sundays for them.
- Life OK also plans to manage advertising inventory differently. It will have three shows an hour unlike the standard two on other channels and advertising breaks won’t exceed two minutes. Which means you have less time doing dish washing
- It seems they are so much into chasing other channels that they missed to cater the young star one fans .. as i dont see any series for them teel coll going gang as of now.
- “Recognising the importance of youth, the brand has been launched via a weeklong digital engagement plan and the biggest online concert ever with an eight-hour-long Life OK Rockathon exclusively for the web,” The web concert on Sunday included performances by Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Euphoria, Agni, Shaa’ir and Funk, and Indus Creed. The musical duo of Salim Sulaiman, Kailash Kher and the talented Shilpa Rao also enthralled the audience in this never before web concert. So Boss its the only channel who also had an e launch till now 🙂http://www.lightandlife.com/concert.htm
- Choosing Madhuri Dixit nene a women from middle class reached stardom on her own is the smart move on channels part. Madhuri Dixit will be the channel’s vivacious ‘Suthradhar’ and will guide viewers about the stories on the channel and its link to the channel’s philosophy.
I can see this is going to be the major launch of the season under the new CEO Armed with a launch budget of more than Rs. 700 crore, the channel is expected to spend Rs. 120 crore in marketing the brand via digital media, roadblocks on television, print and outdoor campaigns. The rest is being invested in programming and distribution.
Where is star one suddenly gone ??? Its now life OK with fresh serials Time only will tell the fate of the channel but till then lets welcome the new channel life OK http://www.lifeok.com/
Biding Good Bye to Star One Sega
Well after almost 7-8 years of Star one we are saying good bye to it. Start one was a Youth oriented channel and almost every serial was based on chocolaty love stories be it vampires or school collage going kidos you can listen to the story and tell its start one.
When Long back it was launched for almost 1 year i was impressed 🙂 by this channel as it came up with brand new fresh feel serials like guns and roses, siddhant and Remix all were great start-ups but the entire feel of the channel deteriorated with the time and I started using the channel as comedy channel whenever you have to see some thing beyond the world goody or bad watch and laugh
The only consistent fav of all class and age group was Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai
Its sad :(( that “abb geet parayai nahi ho payegi” pyar ki ye kahani me vampire werewolf & humans will stay together forever and colleges will be waiting for some hip hop people altogether .;)