I think that the writer director of the movie were trying to speak about soul mates and they meet in every era 1960, 2012, 1916 But why this order was chosen to confuse people who knows. This movie also tells that shahid will always have 1 ½ soul mates he is the dude with options and obvious dilemmas to choose between two girls.
In short movie is like you are watching same love story in 3 channels and toggling the channels in between believe it or not with same lead characters But why are you watching it NO one can solve that mystery. SO in all the 3 stories is merely the repeat telecast of same twist less obvious story.
Thankfully, there are no past-life revelations and dangerous confrontations. The love stories are so predictable and don’t even make you connect to them. Everything turns out to be pretty fathomable. Except that these days couples keep connected via FB, messages etc and how it can be misused if a relationship is drowned.
In my terms it is a time kill watch movie HFFF
Teri Meri Kahaani
Direction: Kunal Kohli
Actors: (Priyanka Chopra, Shahid Kapoor) * 3
But I have some wild guesses why this movie “teri meri kahani” was made
- Director Kohli was compensating his contract with dress designer & hair stylist whom he has not given his previous 2 movies.
- He had severe fight with the writer of movie who bluffed him by showing one story as 3 by changing characters name and location. OOO but surprise Kunal Kohli him self is co writer Now for sure writer ran away in between
- Director thought of 3 stories and even eni mini mina mo was not able to give him his answer so he made 3 in one
- Director is highly obsessed with selling scheme of 1 pe 2 free
- He wanted to caste the lead pair for 3 movies because of their so called love chemistry but cost cutting made him turn all of them into one.
- Editor of the movie asked more money and by then kohli was bankrupted by lead.
- Movie has a copy paste mistake.
What Kunal Kohli could have done from saving it from disaster
- He could have concentrated on one story wholeheartedly and made it .
- It could still have remained inspired by the tiwaneese movie “Three times “ 2005 but could so progression in stories in different eras
- Or at least twists in stories could have been better and unique
- He could have picked the forms of love for each of the stories.